Our Business, Strategy and Values
Sempra Energy, based in San Diego, is a Fortune 500 energy services holding company with 2016 revenues of more than $10 billion.
We believe our balanced portfolio of businesses – long-term-contracted energy infrastructure assets and regulated utilities – will continue to perform well in a variety of market conditions. A range of industry and market trends support this assessment:
- Increasing investment in utility safety and reliability;
- Electric grid modernization powered by new technology and additional renewable energy resources;
- Electrification of the transportation sector;
- Increasing worldwide demand for LNG; and
- Growing energy demand in Latin America, creating the need for new energy infrastructure.
Sempra Energy’s values guide the implementation of our business strategy: What we do is important, but how we do it is even more critical. We strive to be a responsible partner: ethical, respectful, high-performing and forward-looking. We engage with our stakeholders – our customers, employees, investors, business partners, regulators and the communities we serve – and consider and incorporate their feedback when we can, building trust and strengthening relationships.